Place:


Malinslee  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Malinslee like this:

MALINSILEE, a chapelry in Dawley-Magna parish, Salop; on the Coalport branch of the Northwestern railway, 4½ miles N of Coalport. It has a station on the railway; and its Post town is Dawley, under Wellington, Salop. It was constituted in 1843. Rated property, £4,602. Pop., 4,512. Houses, 861. The property is divided among a few. Most of the inhabitants are employed in collieries. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, #300.* Patron, the Vicar of Dawley-Magna. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dawley

Malinslee through time

Malinslee is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Malinslee itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Malinslee, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24090

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Malinslee ".