Place:


Kingstone  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingstone like this:

KINGSTONE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 3½ miles NW by W of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6 SW of Hereford. Post town, Madley, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 991. Real property, £3, 386. Pop., 460. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is under hops. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Thruxton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is Norman, was recently restored, has a new tower, and contains several monuments. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £80.

Kingstone through time

Kingstone is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingstone in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2408

Date accessed: 27th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingstone ".