Place:


Longford  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longford like this:

LONGFORD, a hamlet in Harmondsworth parish, Middlesex; on a branch of the river Colne, 1 mile E of Colnbrook. It takes its name from a long ford on the stream; it has a fine bridge, called the Queen's bridge; and it is frequented by anglers. The tract around it lies low, and is subject to floods.

Additional information about this locality is available for Harmondsworth

Longford through time

Longford is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longford, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24065

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longford ".