Place:


Whaplode Drove  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whaplode Drove like this:

WHAPLODE-DROVE, a chapelry, with a village, in Whaplode parish, Lincoln; 1 mile NE of Crowland r. station. It has a post-office under Peterborough. Acres, 2,135. Real property, £5,439. Pop., 8844. Houses, 152. The manor belongs to the Duke of Somerset. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern. There is a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Whaplode

Whaplode Drove through time

Whaplode Drove is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whaplode Drove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whaplode Drove, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24051

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whaplode Drove ".