Place:


Two Mile Hill  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Two Mile Hill like this:

TWO-MILE-HILL, a chapelry in St. George parish, Gloucester; 2½ miles NE of Bristol r. station. It was constituted in 1845. Post town, Bristol. Pop. in 1861, 3,622. Houses, 765. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £160.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1855 There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.

The location is where the name "Two Mile Hill" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for St George

Two Mile Hill through time

Two Mile Hill is now part of Bristol district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bristol has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Two Mile Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Two Mile Hill, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24004

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Two Mile Hill ".