Place:


Pontfadog  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pontfadog like this:

PONTFADOG, a chapelry in Llangollen parish, Denbigh; near Llangollen r. station. It was constituted in 1848; and its post town is Llangollen. Pop., 1, 499. Houses, 332. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Llangollen.

Additional information about this locality is available for Glyntraean

Pontfadog through time

Pontfadog is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pontfadog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pontfadog, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23990

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pontfadog ".