In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Capel Garmon like this:
CAPEL-GARMON, or Garth-Garmon, a chapelry in Llanrwst parish, Denbigh; on the river Conway, 4½ miles S by E of Llanrwst r. station. Post Town, Llanrwst. Statistics returned with the parish. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of Llanrwst. The church is not good. There is an Independent chapel.
Additional information about this locality is available for Llanrwst
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Capel Garmon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Capel Garmon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Capel Garmon, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Capel Garmon".