Place:


Viney Hill  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Viney Hill like this:

VINEY-HILL, a chapelry in Dean forest, Gloucester; near Newnham r. station. It was constituted in 1866; and its Post town is Newnham. Pop., about 1,200. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Bathurst. The church was built in 1867, and is in the early English style.

Additional information about this locality is available for Blakeney

Viney Hill through time

Viney Hill is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Viney Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Viney Hill, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23880

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Viney Hill ".