Place:


Turnditch  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Turnditch like this:

TURNDITCH, a township and a chapelry in Duffield parish, Derby. The township lies 3½ miles W of Belper r. station, and has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 1,071. Real property, £1,660. Pop., 350. Houses, 81. The manor belongs to the Rev. Sir E. R. Jodrell, Bart-The Lilies and Green-Bank House are chief residences. -The chapelry was constituted in 1847. Pop., 324. Houses, 75. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £68.* Patron, the Vicar of Duffield. The church is ancient There are two dissenting chapels, and a national school.

Turnditch through time

Turnditch is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Turnditch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Turnditch in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2387

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Turnditch ".