Place:


Gwynfe  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gwynfe like this:

GWYNFE, a chapelry in Llangadock parish, Carmarthen; under the Black mountains, and near the Mid Wales railway, in the neighbourhood of Llangadock. Post town, Llangadock, under Carmarthen. Real propcrty, £3, 083. Pop., 1, 354. Houses, 271. Gwynfe House is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £107. Patron, the Vicar of Llangadock-Vawr.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llangadog

Gwynfe through time

Gwynfe is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gwynfe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gwynfe in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23869

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gwynfe ".