Place:


Frogmore  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frogmore like this:

FROGMORE, a chapelry in St. Stephen parish, Herts; near the Northwestern railway and the Grand Junction canal, 2 miles SSE of Hemel-Hempstead. It has a post office, of the name of Frogmore End, under Hemel-Hempstead. It was constituted in 1859. Pop., 975. Houses, 199. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £128.* Patron, -the Rev. M. R. Southwell.

Additional information about this locality is available for St Stephen

Frogmore through time

Frogmore is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Frogmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frogmore, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23814

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frogmore ".