In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described New Catton like this:
New Catton, eccl. dist., Norwich St Clement par., Norfolk, in N. of Norwich city, pop. 4287; P.O.
The location is where the name "New Catton" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Norwich
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing New Catton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Norwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering New Catton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Catton, in Norwich and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "New Catton".