Place:


Cornish Hall End  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cornish Hall End like this:

CORNISH-HALL-END, a chapelry in Finchingfield, Ridgwell, and Birdbrook parishes, Essex; 6 ½ miles W of Castle-Hedingham r. station, and 10 ESE of Saffron-Walden. It was constituted in 1842; and its post town is Finchingfield, under Braintree. Pop., 722. Houses, 156. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of Rochester.

Additional information about this locality is available for Finchingfield

Cornish Hall End through time

Cornish Hall End is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cornish Hall End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cornish Hall End, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23761

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cornish Hall End ".