Place:


Chadwell Heath  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chadwell Heath like this:

CHADWELL, or Chadwell-Heath, a ward in Barking parish, Essex; on the Eastern Counties railway, 2½ miles E by N of Great Ilford. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under London E. Real property, £3,615. Pop., 882. Houses, 181. There is a Baptist chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ilford

Chadwell Heath through time

Chadwell Heath is now part of Redbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Redbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chadwell Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chadwell Heath, in Redbridge and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23756

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chadwell Heath ".