In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Vale like this:
ROBINHOOD-GATE, or Kingston-Vale, a chapelry in Kingston-upon-Thames parish, Surrey; on a smallaffluent of the river Thames, 2½ miles N W of Wimbledon r. station, and 3 N E of Kingston. It was constituted in 1847; and it has a post-office, of the name of Kingston-Vale, under Putney, London, S W. Pop., 270. Houses, 49. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester.
Kingston Vale is now part of Kingston upon Thames district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kingston upon Thames has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston Vale itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Vale, in Kingston upon Thames and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston Vale ".