Place:


Milland  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milland like this:

MILLAND, a chapelry in Trotton parish, Sussex; 4 miles NW of Midhurst r. station. Post town, Midhurst. Pop., 200. Milland House is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £108.* Patron, the Rev. J. M. Heath.

Milland through time

Milland is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milland, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23704

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milland ".