Place:


Barkingside  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barkingside like this:

BARKING-SIDE, a chapelry in Great Ilford parish, Essex. It was constituted in 1841: and has a post office under Ilford, London E. Pop., 1,712 Houses, 334. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Great Ilford

Additional information about this locality is available for Ilford

Barkingside through time

Barkingside is now part of Redbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Redbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barkingside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barkingside, in Redbridge and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23673

Date accessed: 23rd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barkingside ".