Place:


Dawley  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dawley like this:

DAWLEY, a hamlet on the west border of Middlesex; near the Grand Junction canal, 3 miles SSE of Uxbridge. It was known, at Domesday, as Dalleya; and it was the seat of the Bennets, and of Lord Boling-broke.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hayes

Dawley through time

Dawley is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dawley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dawley, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23659

Date accessed: 16th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dawley ".