Place:


De Beauvoir Town  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described De Beauvoir Town like this:

BEAUVOIR TOWN, or De Beauvoir Town, a chapelry in West Hackney parish, London; near Kingsland Road, 2½ miles N by E of St. Paul's. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, R. a. De Beanvoir, Esq.: who built the church.

The location is that marked as "De Beauvoir Town" on the modern 1:25,000 map.

De Beauvoir Town through time

De Beauvoir Town is now part of Hackney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hackney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about De Beauvoir Town itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of De Beauvoir Town, in Hackney and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23616

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " De Beauvoir Town ".