Place:


Crouch End  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crouch End like this:

CROUCH-END, a chapelry in Hornsey parish, Middlesex; 5 miles N by W of St. Paul's, London. It has a post office under London, N, a station of C-End on the London and Edgware railway, and a station of C-Hill on the Tottenham and Hampstead Junction. Pop. about 1, 200. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church was built in 1854, and enlarged in 1861.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hornsey

Crouch End through time

Crouch End is now part of Haringey district. Click here for graphs and data of how Haringey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crouch End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crouch End, in Haringey and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23613

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crouch End ".