Place:


Foremark  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Foremark like this:

FOREMARK, a township and a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby. The township lies near the river Trent, 2½ miles E by S of Willington r. station, and 6½ SSE of Derby. Real property, £1, 915. Pop., 93. Houses, 13. The parish includes also the township of Ingleby; and its post town is Repton, under Burton-upon-Trent. ...


Acres, 2, 870. Real property, £3, 339. Pop., 233. Houses, 40. Foremark House is the seat of Sir R. Burdett, Bart. A cave, called the Anchor Church, got its name from being the retreat of an anchorite. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £31. Patron, Sir R. Burdett, Bart.

Foremark through time

Foremark is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Foremark itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Foremark in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2360

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Foremark ".