Place:


Cranbourne  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranbourne like this:

CRANBOURNE-ST. PETER, a chapelry in Winkfield, Old Windsor, and Sunninghill parishes, Berks; adjacent to Windsor Park, 2½ miles N by W of Suuning-hill r. station, and 4½ SW by S of Windsor. It was constituted in 1851. Post town, Ascot, under Staines. Pop., 1, 514. Houses, 302. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £128.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford.

Additional information about this locality is available for Winkfield

Cranbourne through time

Cranbourne is now part of Bracknell Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bracknell Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranbourne, in Bracknell Forest and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23584

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranbourne ".