In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Beech like this:
HIGH BEECH, a chapelry in Waltham Abbey parish, Essex; in Epping forest, 2 miles E of the boundary with Middlesex, and 3¼ SE of Waltham r. station. It was constituted in 1836; and its post town is Waltham Abbey, London N. Pop., 531. Houses, 96. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, not reported. * Patron, the Bishop of Rochcster. The church is modern.
Additional information about this locality is available for Waltham Holy Cross
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing High Beech has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Epping Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering High Beech and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Beech, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "High Beech".