In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodford Bridge like this:
WOODFORD-BRIDGE, a chapelry, with a village, in Woodford-St. Mary parish, Essex; on the river Roding, 1 mile E of Woodford r. station, and 6 WNW of Romford. It was constituted in 1854; and it has a post-office under Chigwell-Road. Pop., 844. Houses, 170. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Rector of Woodford-St. Mary. The church is good, and has a neat spire. There is a national school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Woodford
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woodford Bridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Redbridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woodford Bridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodford Bridge, in Redbridge and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woodford Bridge".