Place:


Tidebrook  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tidebrook like this:

TIDEBROOK, a chapelry in Wadhurst and Mayfield parishes, Sussex; 3½ miles NW of Ticehurst-Road r. station. It was constituted in 1858; and it has a post-office under Hurst-Green. Pop., 790. Houses, 131. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £55. Patron, alternately the Vicar of Wadhurst and the Vicar of Mayfield. The church was built in 1856.

Tidebrook through time

Tidebrook is now part of Wealden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wealden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tidebrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tidebrook, in Wealden and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23501

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tidebrook ".