In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denmark Hill like this:
DENMARK HILL, a chapelry in Lambeth and Camberwell parishes, Surrey; on the South London railway, ¾ of a mile S of Camberwell. It was constituted in 1848; and it has a post office‡ under Camberwell, London S, and a r. station. Pop., 5, 249. Houses, 895. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £700. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built by A. Gough; and there is a grammar-school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Denmark Hill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Southwark. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Denmark Hill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denmark Hill, in Southwark and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Denmark Hill".