Place:


Aston  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston like this:

ASTON, a township in Hawarden parish, Flint; adjacent to Queen's Ferry r. station, near the river Dee, 1½ mile N by W of Hawarden. Acres, 613. Real property, £3,948,-of which £2,600 are in railways. Pop., 333. Houses, 64. Most of the inhabitants are employed in an extensive iron foundry. The manor, with an ancient castle, was held by the Whitleys from the time of Edward III.; and now belongs to the Dundas family, whose seat is Aston Hall.

Aston through time

Aston is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23453

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston ".