In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodlands like this:
WOODLANDS, a chapelry in Wrotham and Shoreham parishes, Kent; 4 miles SW of Meopham r. station. It was constituted in 1850; and its Post town is Sevenoaks. Pop., 157. Houses, 30. W. manor belongs to Mrs. Vincent. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £65.* Patron, the Rev. R. Vincent. The church is neat.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woodlands has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sevenoaks. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woodlands and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodlands, in Sevenoaks and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woodlands".