Place:


Hardwick  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardwick like this:

HARDWICK, a chapelry in Clifford parish, Hereford; near the river Wye, the boundary with Wales, and the Hereford and Brecon railway, 3 miles N by E of Hay. Post-town, Hay, under Hereford. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £40. Patron, Mrs. Penoyre. The church is very good.

Hardwick through time

Hardwick is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardwick in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23320

Date accessed: 20th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardwick ".