Place:


Penton Mewsey  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penton Mewsey like this:

PENTON-MEWSEY, a parish in Andover district, Hants; 2¾ miles W N W of Andover r. station. It has a post-office under Andover. Acres, 1,044. Real property, £2,093. Pop., 277. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £315.* Patron, the Rev. J. Constable. The church is ancient, was recently restored, and has a fine bell-turret. There are a freeschool and charities £9.

Penton Mewsey through time

Penton Mewsey is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penton Mewsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penton Mewsey, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2329

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penton Mewsey ".