In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bangor like this:
BANGOR, or Capel-Bangor, a chapelry in Llanbadarn-Fawr parish, Cardigan; on the river Rheidol, 5 miles E of Aberystwith. Post Town, Aberystwith. Pop., 1,919. Houses, 354. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £148. Patron, the Vicar of Llanbadarn-Fawr. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bangor, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bangor ".