Place:


Stuntney  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stuntney like this:

STUNTNEY, a chapelry in Ely-Trinity parish, Cambridge; 1½ mile SE of Ely r. station. Post town, Ely. Pop., 253. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. A national school was built in 1865.

Stuntney through time

Stuntney is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stuntney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stuntney in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23256

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stuntney ".