Place:


Rhosesmor  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rhosesmor like this:

CAER-FALLWCH, or Caerallwch, a township in Northop parish, Flintshire; 3¼ miles S by E of Flint. Real property, £9,581; of which £6,646 are in mines. Pop., 925. Houses, 195. Some of the inhabitants are employed in lead mines. An ancient British camp here, called Moel-Gaer, encloses a circular area of 196 yards in diameter; has an artificial mound in the centre; commands a very extensive view; is one of the most perfect ancient strengths in North Wales; and is thought to have been an outpost of the Ordivices for defence against the Romans.

Rhosesmor through time

Rhosesmor is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rhosesmor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rhosesmor in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23136

Date accessed: 16th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rhosesmor ".