Place:


Cookley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cookley like this:

COOKLEY, a chapelry in Wolverley parish, Worcester; adjacent to the West Midland railway, 2½ miles NNE of Kidderminster. It was constituted in 1849; and it has a post office under Kidderminster. Pop., 1, 454. Houses, 299. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £200.* Patron, W. Hancock, Esq. The church is good.

Cookley through time

Cookley is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cookley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cookley, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23097

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cookley ".