Place:


Winster  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winster like this:

WINSTER, a chapelry in Kendaland Windermere parishes, Westmoreland; on the rivulet Winster, 3½ miles S by E of Windermere r. station. It has a post-office under Kendal. Pop., 90. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £100.* Patron, the Vicar of Kendal.

Winster through time

Winster is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winster itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winster, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23083

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winster ".