Place:


Pont Robert  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pont Robert like this:

PONT-ROBERT, a hamlet in Meifod parish, and a chapelry partly also in Llanfihangel and Llangyniew parishes, Montgomery. The hamlet lies on the river Vyrnwy, 7½ miles S W of Llanfyllin r. station, and 12 W N W of Welshpool; and has a post-office under Welshpool. The chapelry was constituted in 1854. Pop., 612. Houses, 124. Pop. of the Meifod portion, 250; of the Llangyniew portion, 251. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £178. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph.

Pont Robert through time

Pont Robert is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pont Robert itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pont Robert, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23021

Date accessed: 17th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pont Robert ".