In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honing like this:
HONING, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; on the Ant navigation, 3½ miles SE of North Walsham r. station, and 15 NNE of Norwich. Post town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 511. Pop., 304. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. The manor, with Honing Hall, belongs to George E. Cubitt, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Dilham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, with exception of the tower, was rebuilt about the end of last century; and it contains a brass of 1490. An endowed school has £15 a year, and other charities have £28.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Honing has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Honing and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honing in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Honing".