Place:


Gimingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gimingham like this:

GIMINGHAM, a parish in Erpingham district. Norfolk; on the coast, 4 miles NNE of North Walsham r. station, 4 miles E of the line of telegraph from Norwich to Cromer, and 20 NNE of Norwich. Post town, Trunch, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 491; of which 20 are water. Real property, £2, 667. Pop., 332. ...


Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £417.* Patron, Catherine Hall, Cambridge. The church is ancient but good; has an embattled tower; and contains a later English chest. Charities, "the bell-rope acre, " and a small piece of land held by the rector.

Gimingham through time

Gimingham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gimingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gimingham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2281

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gimingham ".