Place:


Fring  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fring like this:

FRING, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 2¾ miles SW of Docking, and 2 ESE of Sedgeford r. station. Post town, Docking, under Lynn. Acres, 1, 710. Real property, £2, 065. Pop., 173. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Valne, £100.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The church is tolerable. There are some ruins, supposed to be monastic. Fairs are held on 21 May and 30 Nov.

Fring through time

Fring is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fring itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fring in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2280

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fring ".