Place:


Stibbard  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stibbard like this:

STIBBARD, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 2 miles ENE of Ryburgh r. station, and 4¼ SE of Fakenham. Post town, Fakenham. Acres, 1,468. Real property, £3,886. Pop., 451. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to Colkirk. The church was restored in 1861. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £30.

Stibbard through time

Stibbard is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stibbard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stibbard in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2276

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stibbard ".