Place:


Stanfield  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanfield like this:

STANFIELD, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 3½ miles W by S of Elmham r. station. Post town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 903. Real property, £1,827. Pop., 195. Houses, 46. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £300.* Patron, the Rev. E. L. Davies. The church is ancient. Charities, £5.

Stanfield through time

Stanfield is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanfield, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2275

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanfield ".