Place:


Shernborne  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shernborne like this:

SHERNBORNE, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 3 miles E of Snettisham r. station, and 11 NE by N of Lynn. Post town, Snettisham, under Lynn. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £1,207. Pop., 144. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The Shernborne family were seated here about 700 years. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £120.* Patron, the Bishop of N. The church is ancient.

Shernborne through time

Shernborne is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shernborne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shernborne in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2271

Date accessed: 16th January 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shernborne ".