In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horrabridge like this:
HORRABRIDGE, a chapelry in Buckland-Monachorum, Sampford-Spiney, and Walkhampton parishes, Devon; on an affluent of the river Tavy, and on the Tavistock railway, 4 miles SSE of Tavistock. It has a r. station with telegraph, and a head post office. Pop., 1, 238. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of E. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Horrabridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Devon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Horrabridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horrabridge in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Horrabridge".