Place:


Bolton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bolton like this:

BOLTON, a township in Calverley parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles NNE of Bradford. It includes the hamlets of Hodgson-Fold, Low-Fold, and Out-Lane, and part of the village of Frizinghall. Acres, 736. Real property, £3,604. Pop., 937. Houses, 216. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the woollen factories.

Bolton through time

Bolton is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bolton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bolton, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22620

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bolton ".