Place:


Ugglebarnby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ugglebarnby like this:

UGGLEBARNBY, a township-chapelry in Whitby parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile S of Sleights r. station, and 3½ SSW of Whitby. Post town, Whitby. Acres, 2,217. Real property, £2,606; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 437. Houses, 92. The manor belonged to Whitby abbey, and passed to the Archbishop of York. The living is annexed to Eskdalesi de. Charities, £12.

Ugglebarnby through time

Ugglebarnby is now part of Scarborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Scarborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ugglebarnby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ugglebarnby, in Scarborough and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22590

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ugglebarnby ".