Place:


Quarlton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quarlton like this:

QUARLTON, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; ¾ of a mile S E of Chapel town r. station, and 5 N N E of Bolton. Acres, 500. Real property, £2,076; of which £472 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 361; in 1861, 253. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to H. Wright, Esq. There are calico print-works.

Quarlton through time

Quarlton is now part of Blackburn With Darwen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blackburn With Darwen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quarlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quarlton, in Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22579

Date accessed: 18th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quarlton ".