Place:


Little Harwood  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Harwood like this:

HARWOOD (LITTLE), a township in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; 2 miles NE of Blackburn. It includes the hamlet of Bulls Head. Acres, 730. Real property, £1, 994. Pop., 270. Houses, 53. The surface is chiefly moor and pasture.

Little Harwood through time

Little Harwood is now part of Blackburn With Darwen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blackburn With Darwen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Harwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Harwood, in Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22531

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Harwood ".