In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Highway like this:
HIGHWAY, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; 4½ miles NE of Calne, and 5 NNW of Wootton-Bassett r. station. Post town, Hillmarton, under Chippenham. Acres, 813. Real property, £1, 077. Pop., 121. Houses, 26. The manor belongs to A. H. Tonge, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bremhill, in the diocese of Salisbury.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Highway in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Highway ".