Place:


Auburn  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Auburn like this:

AUBURN, or Awburn, a township-chapelry in Fraisthorpe parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, 2 miles SE of Carnaby r. station, and 3½ miles S by W of Bridlington. Post Town, Bridlington under Hull. Pop., 16. Houses, 2. Much of the land has been washed away by the sea. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Fraisthorpe, in the diocese of York.

Auburn through time

Auburn is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Auburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Auburn, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22441

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Auburn ".