Place:


Claughton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Claughton like this:

CLAUGHTON-CUM-GRANGE, a township-chapelry in Bidstone and Woodchurch parishes, Cheshire; 1 mile NW of Birkenhead. Post town, Birkenhead. Acres, 436. Real property, £13, 323. Pop., 1, 584. Houses, 216. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, not reported. Patrons, Trustees. The church is in the early English style.

Claughton through time

Claughton is now part of Wirral district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wirral has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Claughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Claughton, in Wirral and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22428

Date accessed: 22nd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Claughton ".